Monday, November 7, 2011

About The Blogger

I suppose I should introduce myself and tell any interested readers a few things about myself and this blog. Most people call me Richey, some people call me moron and a few other select words we won't use here. Hopefully you'll choose to call me Richey. I'm a single 42 year old male living in Buffalo N.Y. This is the second blog that I've written. The first blog was a humor blog that lasted about 3 years. I won't link to it here as the blog was a bit blunt, crude, and is certain to offend a few people. I really enjoyed writing that blog and had a lot of fun with it over the years yet felt it was time to move on.

I decided to create this blog after I started researching steam trunk restoration. At the time of this writing I didn't find a lot of information out there on this subject. I wanted to start a more serious blog, so I thought why not try a D.I.Y. blog. The steam trunk project seemed like it would not only make an excellent D.I.Y project but also great subject matter for a D.I.Y. blog. Bonus ! Thus the creation of the My Old Steam Trunk blog.

I have no college education and it probably shows in my writing skills. However, I do enjoy writing and hope over the years my writing skills improve through blogging. Although I'm not writing the great American novel, at least I'm writing something. Trying to improve my writing is one of the main reasons I blog. I've considered taking a creative writing course I just have to get off my lazy butt and do it.  Any skill we don't use degrades with time, so blogging helps keep my writing and grammatical skills or lack there of in check.

As you read through my blog entries I'm sure you'll find grammatical errors and the occasional typo or misspelling. I really try to keep it to a minimum though. Thank God for spell check. With this being a D.I.Y. blog the important thing to me and hopefully to you , will be in explaining the different techniques, and ways of restoring one of these old vintage steam trunks. Hopefully a few people surfing the world wide web will find the information here useful.

As far as steam trunk restoration goes, I have no experience. This is my first attempt at this type of project. This could end up being a huge fail or a great learning experience. I plan on taking my time, researching as much as possible, posting the research in the blog, and hopefully helping out a few other people who might be attempting such a project. I'm all thumbs so the good news is, if I can do this, I'm pretty sure just about anyone can.

Other stuff about me. I'm currently between jobs. I'm 42 years old and don't know what I want to be when I grow up. My favorite T.V. show is the Sons Of Anarchy, although I try not to watch much T.V., I'm more of a reader. I use to D.J. dance music for friends and occasionally out at local night clubs. I love house music, and old skool funky breaks. I sold my turntables a few years back but found I missed it so I recently purchased an mp3 controller and mix at home as a hobby. Still mixin the house and breakbeats. When I'm not mixing music, writing this blog, watching The Sons Of Anarchy, or working on the steam trunk, you can usually find me reading. I read a lot. My favorite authors are Ginsberg, Kerouac, William S. Burroughs, Crowley, Eliphas Levi, Terence McKenna, and Hunter S. Thompson, just to name a few.  Everything else about me is a bit mundane and I won't bore you with the details.

Thanks for taking an interest in this post, and I hope you find the rest of the information in this blog useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment